NAC2015 Agenda Now Available!
- Explore the Expo Hall during a “Sneak Peak” on Tuesday, September 15th from 4:30pm to 6:30pm!
- Attend the Grand Welcome Reception on Tuesday from 6:30pm – 8:30pm in the Havana Room!
- Hear Guest Speaker and Entrepreneur Expert Bob Garner – for a fun and interesting approach to running our ATM business!
- Visit the NAC Cafe – part Break Station and part “NAC Central” – where you can sit and relax a bit without having to leave the show floor! – NAC Board Members, Staff and Volunteers will be on hand to visit and answer questions about NAC and its various programs and initiatives!
- View hands-on live demonstrations of EMV upgrades being performed by master technicians on all three major manufacturer key ATM models – in the “EMV Tech Demo Area” on the trade show floor. Manufacturer representatives will also be on hand during the demos to answer questions and provide tips!
- Learn from a carefully crafted and IAD focused program of workshops and educational sessions – from ATM fundamentals and “Ah-ha” business tips to all of the latest information on EMV and updates on NAC’s “Save Our ATM Bank Accounts” (SABA) initiative…and much more!
- Participate in NAC’s Town Hall Meeting – NAC wants to hear from you and all our members about what’s important to your business and how NAC can help create an environment for success in the days ahead!
Thank you to Our NAC2015 Sponsors!
New EMV White Paper – From the ATM Working Committee of the EMV Migration Forum
August 2014, Jacksonville, FL – The ATM Working Committee of the EMV Migration Forum has released a new white paper titled, “Implementing EMV at the ATM: Requirements and Recommendations for the U.S. ATM Community.”
The National ATM Council is a founding member of the ATM Working Committee and a co-author of the paper. Read more…
Marc Cleven of VISA, the primary author of the document, will be presenting at the NAC2014 Conference & Expo in November! Please join us at the Tropicana Las Vegas!
NAC Negotiates EMV for US ATM Industry
The National ATM Council has hosted recent meetings with representatives from the major global card networks and ATM manufacturers for the US ISO/IAD sector in an effort to identify issues facing this sector of the ATM business, and facilitate a smoother EMV transition for the US Independent ATM industry and its customers. Issues under discussion include the viability, functionality and interoperability of current EMV solutions in the market, availability of EMV components, finalized development of the US Common AID to preserve current transaction routing protocols, and other key issues associated with the migration to EMV in the US. Discourse has been constructive and positive thus far, with all parties working cooperatively to identify remaining issues and real world solutions.
NAC Works with State of Illinois/Sponsor Banks for Proper ISO Certifications
Illinois state law requires the registration of independently owned/operated ATMs operating in the state, and imposes fines for non-compliance. The Illinois Division of Banking has contacted NAC for assistance in communicating these requirements to the independent ATM industry. NAC is working to evaluate the situation in Illinois and determine how best to help ensure awareness of and compliance with the applicable state requirements. One issue that has emerged is a concern by ISOs that by filing the registration information their locations will become a matter of public record—available for misuse by their competitors. NAC is continuing to investigate this issue and welcomes any information or feedback from NAC members operating in Illinois.